Wednesday 6 April 2011

The Best Smoothie in the Whole World

This is the best smoothie in the whole world because I can make it out of what's always in my fridge, it only takes 3 minutes and 15 seconds total, and it actually tastes pretty good. When I don't have time to poach and eat an egg before I go out the door, this works well for a first breakfast ( I usually eat a second breakfast mid-morning).

Pull out your blender and set it up. Drop into it:

5 strawberries (pull off the green tops)
a handful of blueberries
a small banana (break it up into a few chunks before adding)
2 handfuls of ice cubes
a bit of orange juice (just pour for 1.895 seconds, and you'll probably have enough)

Lid the blender and pulse at the lowest setting (tap on and off quickly). After about 30 seconds of pulsing, blend at medium speed for about 30 seconds. Pour the drink into your biggest travel mug (there may be excess, just use another cup and store that one in the fridge for later). Rinse the blender right away. You're now ready to walk out the door with breakfast, leaving a clean kitchen behind you.

The above is my favorite, but sometimes, if I have chocolate milk in the fridge, I use a little more milk for liquid and a little more ice, and use only banana and nuts (no berries). It's just as good as the berry smoothie, but not quite as filling for me.

The best thing about the Best Smoothie in the Whole World is that you can be creative with whatever fruit you have available. Mix apples and raspberries, or oranges and pomegranate juice. Have fun.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment